South Carolina Tobacco-Free Collaborative Graduate Assistantship
South Carolina Tobacco-Free Collaborative
- General Duties of Health Promotion Graduate Assistant:
• Participate in planning and organizing a new statewide public education initiative on the dangers of teen vaping; tasks to include but are not limited to researching best practices, preparing presentations and handouts, and setting up webinars and meetings
• Develop an approach to promote evidence-based cessation and quitting resources to addicted adult smokers
• Help develop educational resources as needed for organization website
• Work with staff to create and implement a communication plan for social media, e-news, and other channels
• Assist in planning tasks for 2020 Smokefree SC Summit
• Support organizational advocacy efforts
• Recommend new ideas to improve organizational impact throughout South Carolina
• Support Executive Director and Program Director as needed and assigned
- Hours: 10 hours/week for 12 weeks/semester; a regular weekly work schedule will be determined based on the student’s class schedule and SCTFC needs
- To Apply: Email cover letter expressing your interest and resume or CV to Rebecca Jacobson, Executive Director, at email@example.com with “Graduate Assistant application” in Subject line. Questions should be directed via email rather than phone for quickest response.
South Carolina Tobacco-Free Collaborative is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization, and our office is in Columbia just 3 miles from the USC Arnold School.